Saturday, April 12, 2008

Journal Swap

I've been doing a few swaps lately and it's been a great motivator. I seem to get more done when I have a deadline. I recently sent off 6 pages for a journal swap on the Mixed Media Yahoo Group. They had to be 4 x 6 with paint, paper, metal and fabric on them. I had a whole set of backgrounds done and then I scrapped them all and started over! I like the backgrounds, but they just didn't jell with what else I had in mind. So, I'll use them for something else. This was a nice manageable number of pages. When it gets up around 40 pages or so for fat books - I can't do that. I could just slit my throat after doing 40 of the same thing! LOL! That gets too boring and tedious for me. I like the lower number of items. The pages didn't have to be the same for this swap either, so I did each one differently. That was a nice change as well. One page is being sent off in a collaborative to Cloth Paper Scissors. It would be nice to be published. We'll see how it works out. Below are the other pages I submitted for swapping. Can't show the one being sent in for submission though.

This lizard was fun. I found this great batik fabric and I just had to do an embossing powder lizard to go with it. I like the contrast of the glitzy lizard and the rusty metal.


This turquoise and copper background was done using Kelsey's Credit Card Technique. It's fun, easy and produced great results! I just LOVE these little pieces of rusty metal that I have. I keep my eye out for them everywhere we go! The bead came from Barbara Matthiessen. I really hated to part with it, but it was just perfect for this page!

The beaded scroll technique I learned from Barbara. It's fun to do and you can't really screw this up! I have all sorts of ideas for variations on this technique and the fabric beads. This page has some heft to it but it's very tactile.

Mageia is a favorite or mine. First off, I really love some of those Paper Artsy images. And being a 'Fall,' this settles into my preferred color scheme. Sometimes it's really hard to get me away from the fall colors. That's definitely my comfort zone. This was done with techniques I learned from Bernie Berlin. It's a great look!

Faith just came together out of nowhere. As I post these, I see that there are some themes running though them. And I thought they were all different! LOL! Like I said, LOVE the rusty metal, but it seems I've got a bondage thing going on here, too! Poor little worry doll. All trussed up with no one to save her. I guess she'll just have to have a little faith...



No comments: