Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Beeswax Collage

This is a pair I did a while ago, but they're some of my favorites. They're done on 5 x 7 canvases. The background was a page from a vintage ledger. I love how the wax made it somewhat translucent and the text is visible from the backside through the paper. I enjoy how the pair plays off positive and negative space. I started out doing just the girl and the other one was a very happy accident! I love the beeswax from Crockett's Honey. They're local to me and it smells awesome! It's great in handmade lip balms as well! The pieces are edged in a vintage eyelet twill tape. I have used this very sparingly in the past because it was quite a find, but now I see you can buy it new at several places. So I guess it's time to break it out and use it up! It's cotton though, and takes coloring quite nicely - I'll have to check on the new stuff and make sure it isn't synthetic. It might be time to break out that wax pot again!



No comments: