Saturday, April 12, 2008

Here We Go!

Well, here it is. After much trepidation, I've finally jumped in with both feet (fins?) to start a blog. We'll see how it goes, but I think it's going to be fun! There are some blogs out there that I check most every day and it's great fun to see what's going on in other people's lives. What a great way to stay in touch! And I love to read Artist's blogs. They are so inspiring and so free with sharing their techniques and ideas. It's a true community - one that I hope to become a more participatory member in...


The banner picture is one of my favorite pieces of art. I just fell in love with that fish! The background was done with Dr. Ph Martins concentrated watercolors and Peerless watercolors. It took awhile to get the right affect, but boy was that worth it! The fish were printed on my inkjet in mirror images and then I used a simple water transfer technique to get them on the pages. I wrote a poem to accompany these guys, but I just don't have the heart to put words on those pages. I have not refined my lettering skills to the point where I want to chance it. And I may just take the poem (it's not fantastic, by the way!) and turn it into a little book by itself. Regardless, the opening line is "If you were a fish, for what would you wish?" So I thought it'd be fun to title the blog with that line. For now, anyway. This spread is part of my Digressions Journal . This is a fabulous hand-bound book I made with Tracey Moore . It's really nice to work in, but I'll post that another time.
For now, that's enough.

First post under my belt - let's see where this takes us!

2 comments:

Artmom said...

Welcome!! I just found you - not exactly sure how...but I am so glad! Your journal pages - WOW!!! and the charms, and the moldeling paste stampings, very nice work!! I'm going to link you to my blog so I can find you AND I'm trying the goggle blog watcher, on my igoogle page and it lets me know when you update! Cool!! Happy to meet you! Deb

http://artmom-makingtimecount.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

Thanks Deb! Glad to meet you, too! I'm looking forward to checking out your blog as well!