Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Itty Bitty With Wings - Be Free

Another swap! Yes, I've been swapping a bit here lately! I don't have any more in the pipeline after this one though. I've never done an itty bitty before but I'm fond of the 3" format. I'm more inclined to do a larger original work swap if the format is small like this. The theme was 'wings' so this was what I came up with. I used the Industria technique from the recent article in Somerset Studio for the background. What a great effect! The hearts are done with molding paste and acrylics. Then German scrap for the wings. The image is from Paper Artsy and i embossed it on both side with Tim Holtz's distressed emmbossing powder - black soot. That powder look fabulous with the industria technique! I used mostly pretty heavy chipboard which allowed me to use my metal stamps for the lettering. That gave it a more 'metal' feel to me.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.