Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July


Well, we headed up to the Stoneman Lake area for the 4th. This is my favorite place to camp in the state. It's not too far and the forest is fantastic! We had a bit of light rain a few days, HAIL on one - but I loved it! - and general good camping weather the rest of the time. The rain is no issue since it soaks in pretty quickly and goes a long way toward keeping the dust down. We went on some great Ranger rides, but we broke the other strut - the first one went on the last trip to Crown King! Luckily, Chris took a jaunt down to Prescott Valley and picked up a new one so we weren't without our 4-wheeling for the rest of the trip.



Things were pretty low-key, but I couldn't go without my art bag! I just got a new order of Zettiology stamps so I had to take them along to trim and get them in my binders. Well, if you're going to take stamps, you'd better bring along the rest of the acoutrements! So I played with some post cards. I'm sure the letter carriers like to have some eye candy pass through their hands every now and then! I only took a black pad, my prismacolor pencils and my peerless watercolor leaves. It was actually nice not to have too much to choose from! I love the bright colors of the peerless watercolors and I'm digging how easy it is to shade with them. I really like the Dr. Ph Martins, too, but didn't bring those along. So here are a few of my playthings. I didn't finish the background on one yet, but that's coming. The kids (5 of them!) all got into the fray and made more postcards than I ever would have thought! My stamp binders sure got a workout! But if they're respectful of my things, I have no problems with the kids diving in, too. They had a ball and were very proud of their creations. After looking at these, I'm not so sure they will actually make it into the mail. I might just have to put together a Zetti Journal. I just love the artful oddness of it all...

No comments: