Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Metal 2x2's


Another swap in the can so to speak! This one was for MMArtFriends again. There's always a good swap going on in that group and the quality of what you receive is good. This one had to be 2" x 2", made of metal and have a metal focal point. I mostly used this great 12 x 12 sheet from Provocraft that I had gotten eons ago. It's stamped with dots - very cool. I used some alcohol inks, gesso and koh-i-noor inks for coloring. You get a nice pattern when you sand off the dots. The rest is pretty self explanatory. The one in the upper right is a slide mount done with metal tape, embossed and distressed. I thought the 'window' was perfect for hanging a charm!

3 comments:

Elizabeth in NM said...

Hi Karen,
Those look so cool with the dotted background, and I like how you have made them all so different. Can't wait to see it in person!

Jeane Frizzell said...

Oooh! These are so cool! I love all of the metal things you thought of to use for embellishments!

Anonymous said...

these are very well done...I didn't have the nerve to sign up for this as I had just joined mmartfriends...metal is a bit of a stretch for me, but you produced an excellent selection! simple yet complex enough to be interesting...
keep up the good work!
Dianne