Friday, June 20, 2008

Four


Well, I just finished up another swap for the Frenzy Stamper number book swap. This one has 4 x 6 pages and ranges from 1-25. Again, the concept for this one took much more time to execute than I had planned on, but the outcome is exactly what I had envisioned. That alone is a huge accomplishment for me! To have something come out just as the mind's eye sees it? Doesn't happen too often at my house! LOL! The picture doesn't quite do it justice. The focal point is heat patina'd copper mesh layered onto a blue patina copper mesh background. It's affixed with rusted staples which compliment the rusted washers. Look closely, the background is done out of phone book pages. And just think, I did 27 of these puppies! ARGH! Anyway, I'm waiting for Maddie to finish up her pages (my little girl is doing her first swap!) and then I'll send them in. I don't want to be late getting to the store (I was last time) and get disqualified. That darned freeway construction caused me to miss many of my fellow swappers! Luckily, I sent my pages in early so I wasn't left out. I hope this is an enhancement to the book. I've already seen the covers on-line at www.mizz-frizz.blogspot.com and they're great! I can't wait to see what else comes in for this one!

2 comments:

Jeane Frizzell said...

Your page ROCKS! I can't wait to see it in person!

Debbie Bick said...

Karen your page is so cool...
can't wait to see them all together..
thanks Debbie