Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fabric 2 x 2's



This is my first foray into anything art related using fabric. It was a real stretch for me which is odd considering the amount of time I've spent sewing during my life. I've made all kinds of clothes - including jeans, suits & heavy coats! I spent the beginning of the summer making new cushions for all of my patio furniture, and there's a lot of it! I've sewed intricate window coverings for myself and clients. Yet these little 2 x 2 pieces of fabric had me on the run. I have no idea why I was so intimidated. They aren't fantastic by any means, but it got me using my machine for something other than a utilitarian purpose and I LOVED it! I have 6 sewing machines ( yes, six!) - they are mostly vintage Singers. But I've borrowed the whole set of decorative stitch cams from my brother - we have a sewing machine thing in our family! - and I'm planning on playing with those as soon as I can. I already have a wall hanging design in mind for my next fabric project!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For someone who says they felt intimidated, the end product turned out great! (maybe it was that little 2x2 size that did it!) Love the color combination, and I have a thing for buttons...nice work.
Dianne