Monday, July 28, 2008

New Job!

Well, I started a new job about two weeks ago. I'm now the Administrative Assistant at my kids' old elementary school. I've put in a ton of hours the last two weeks trying to learn the job and my responsibilities. It's really quite a bit, but I'm looking forward to it. It's been quite some time since I've had to get up and go to a job every morning, but I like it. It's still hard to get anything done when I get home, but that will come with time - and necessity! The schedule works really well for our family. I have close to the same schedule as the kids with the exception of about 4 weeks in the summer that they have off that I don't. They're old enough now that that's not a huge problem. Other than that, I have pretty much the same time off as they do - not too many jobs can give me that! My consulting and window covering business takes place almost exclusively on the weekends and evenings, so it doesn't conflict with KCK Designs either. So it's a win, win for everyone! The only thing that I think may suffer is time for art - BOO! I just have to make the time becasue it makes me happy. And when Mom's happy - everybody's happy!!!!!!

1 comment:

Todd said...

Hey Karen!
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new "gig" at HHES!!
Peace,
Todd