Thursday, January 22, 2009

Les Fleurs et Les Petits Oiseaux


I went out back the other morning and found a lone dandelion in the midst of my lawn. It looked like it had just sprung, an icon there in it's solitude. I had to capture it. It was perfect.


The pansies that Kyle & Maddie planted for my birthday are perfect as well. Each one smiling up with their cherubic little faces.


My birthday roses are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. They are perfectly formed, a deep, rich color and have stayed fresh far longer than I could have imagined.

We had dinner at my Mom's house on Sunday. She has a pair of Costa's Hummingbirds that call her tangelo tree home. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the close proximity of the hummingbird feeder! They are tremendously active and very protective of that feeder. When you go outside, the male will buzz you quite frequently! Sounds like a little jet - or a huge bee! Chris got some great shots of the little ones. They're not as shy as you might think!

2 comments:

dmarie said...

wow...your new camera takes some GORGEOUS close ups! i love pansies. we had a hummy nest in our tree one spring...it was fun to watch the babies venture out!

Todd said...

Gee!! Great photos!! I LOVE hummingbirds. They fascinate me. Sound like you had a wonderful birthday!!
Paz.