Sunday, October 5, 2008

Halloweenchies!

Wow! It's been quite some time since I've posted an update here. Time has become a rare commodity at my house. With two kids each in a new school and a new job after almost 15 years of working strictly from home, I've got some serious juggling to do! Don't get me wrong, I love my job and the kids are doing fantastic - straight A's for both of them the first quarter! But if it's update the blog or clean the bathroom - the bathroom usually wins out! And I'm still running my business to top it all off!



I'm trying to pluck some time here and there to work on my art. It's been a challenge - but one I'm up to! One thing I've done is swaps. I work better with a deadline sometimes! Here you'll see my 'Halloweenchies' for another Frenzy Stamper swap. This came up spur of the moment a few days ago and I've already got them done - yea! I just love Jack - who doesn't? These were really straightforward. I sprayed the orange cardstock with black webbing; punched out the inchies and edged them with an ink pad; then cut jack out and adhered him using mounting tape to give it some dimension. I think he looks great!

I have the inchies from the last swap mounted and framed. I can't take a picture of it because my camera is dead and Chris lost his (bummer!). It's too big to fit on the scanner, but as soon as I can get a good picture of it, I'll post. It looks fantastic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can vouch for karen...the framed inchies look incredible...and we at the school are treated to the art every day!!

thanks for the hallowenchie! i love jack, too...and maybe i'll have to get you to mentor me and bring out my creative side! :)