Sunday, October 12, 2008

New Tacks For My Office



Since I have an office now - and a place to display some of my 'dalliances' - I decided that I needed to be rid of those pesky push pins. So I opted to make my own artful tacks. I took some dominoes that I had done quite some time ago, pried off the magnet tape - I have a stainless fridge now, so what's the use!? - and epoxied some thumb tacks to the back. I think they put those danged push pins to shame! The dominoes are mostly done with Staz-On and Sharpie markers. There are a couple of Chart-Pak transfers in there, too and some alcohol ink things. Then I started eye-ing the Rummi-Kub tiles and got to work on those. Chalk inks or Stazon for the backgounds. I stamp with Stazon and then color in with chalk pastels or prismacolor pencils. I went to Frenzy Stamper yesterday to pick up my Halloween book pages and got some Tim Holtz Fragments. These things could easily become an addiction! Just put some clear glue like Diamond Glaze, Dimensional Magic or Glossy Accents down on your picture and put the fragment on top of it. Trim the excess paper when it's dry and - Viola! - you have an acrylic tile! It's very easy and very cool looking. I found that I had a bit better luck when I weighted the Fragment after gluing, but either way went well. There's also an embossing powder bug and lizard thrown into the mix for fun. So, my bulletin board should be much happier now. It was thrilled when I took down the faded purple paper and the bear border from the last gal that had my job! That got replaced with a beautiful blue and green batik fabric. I've got to make that place my own!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

tacks from tiles & dominoes...how cool is that! these are great and love the color!
Dianne